It’s All in the Details
Design/Build/Remodel is a process in which we work closely with you to develop your project. We will listen to your ideas and help guide you through the process of designing a project that meets your needs, desires and budget.
1. Planning - We visit with you to discuss your ideas and budgets, what you like and don't like about your home, and whether Landis Builders would be a good fit for your needs. We feel this initial meeting is critical to establish clear expectations of the process before, during and after construction.
2. Budget and Pre-Construction Agreement - At our second meeting we will review project objectives and the budget for your new custom home or remodeling project. It is at this meeting that we mutually decide if we are a good fit for your project and if entering into a Pre-Construction Agreement makes sense. The purpose for this agreement is to develop a plan for moving forward with design and developing a detailed project scope and budget. A small financial commitment is paid in the form of a retainer and is applied into your project if we move into the construction phase.
3. Design and Selections - A very thought out and thorough development phase is critical to a successful project. During this time we listen closely to your ideas and help you develop the project to meet your needs and desires while providing direction on how they will affect the project budget. We want you to have a very clear understanding of the details and costs of the project before construction is started.
4. Final Plans/Starting Construction - When design and customer selections are completed we will be able to present a Construction Contract for your review and approval. Once this document is signed we can apply for permits and order materials for your job. We will also at this point schedule a pre-construction meeting to introduce you to your project manager and discuss the construction process in detail with you.
5. Construction - During construction we make communication with you, our customer, a priority. We encourage you to be actively involved with the project and we help facilitate this with our client portal which can help to keep you informed, on track with selections, and organized with change orders.
6. Completion - Now that your new home or remodel project is complete we will set a time to walk through your home with you and answer any questions or address any concerns you may have. We will explain our Pre-Close Process at this time and also discuss our warranty.
It is our goal to have exceeded your expectations throughout this whole process and to have earned your trust to become a long term customer of Landis Builders, Inc. Contact us today to discuss your project!